Wednesday 26 March 2014

And Another Thing.....

Dan again.

Oh yes, the birding!

Could have missed out on a White Stork flypast this morning (or at least a seen-from), as one was responsible for a rash of sightings up and down the Lancashire coast today, as close as Heysham (nice one Jean).

By the time I was able to go out, the only comparably prodigious wingspans were those of Mute Swans, Grey Herons and Great-black Backs.

I scanned the skies for a couple of hours in hopes of seeing it or those fish-bothering raptors I'm keen on, to no avail.

In fact, I could find very little of note. Yet to see any Sand Martins passing through, and no Wheatears either. I felt I'd have more chance of a chat with the Trappists.

550 Pink-footed Goose were on Colloway Marsh, with a further 120 at the north end of Aldcliffe Marsh. A Fieldfare flew N and 3 Goldcrests were noted. About 100 Common Gulls were on the Stodday stretch of the river, washing after scouring the mucked fields NE of Overton, where there were also two Little Egrets following cattle.

DH.

No comments: