Friday 15 April 2011

Basic Instinct..........

Was going to have an hour or so at trig point, but some young cows in the field changed my mind. Instead I did my usual wander. Went into Freeman's Wood and heard Willow Warbler and numerous Chiffchaff, saw 2 Blackcap. I bumped into JWB/PW/BT (good to see you chaps) doing their Friday round, scoping the island pool and 2 LRP mating, so, good news hopefully. We were reminded about how tough bringing up these chicks will be by all the corvids which were hanging about. I mentioned JC's sighting a few years ago  of a LRP chick being eaten by a crow . Also nesting were a pair of Little Grebe, mating Swans on the smaller pool and nesting Coot. Blackcaps seen on the track along with 2 Common Whitethroat/ 1 Linnet. I noticed 14 Shelduck up on the hill. Just beyond over the village was a Buzzard being mobbed by a Raven.
Steve

No comments: