Monday 2 March 2009

Owl sightings request...

Hi - couldn't make it down this evening but will try and see what's going on if any nights are relatively bright and dry this week.
With that in mind, could I ask that visitors to Freeman's Pools post their sightings on the LDBWS website or at least email them to me at the address on this blog.
Ta!

And on that note...

I'd be very interested to hear which species of owl were definitely seen yesterday (Sunday) by the many birders at Freeman's Pools.

When I arrived at around 4.30pm I was told that the short-eared had been showing very well and had passed within a couple of metres of the mini crowd!
This was followed by a long-eared which was also seen well at the Marsh point end of the pools.
As far as I know there were no sightings of barn owl.

Could any of the gathered birders (especially those photographing the birds) present yesterday please confirm which species were showing from the cycle track viewing area prior to my arrival.

I'd also love to see any pics, if that's OK,

Ta!

Jon

No comments: